For those families who have had a child diagnosed with a recognized disability, the JPSN scholarship may be an appropriate alternative to public education. The basic purpose of this Ohio Department of Education program is to provide scholarship money to families to fund private services, services which provide direct support toward Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals.
1. $7,578 – Speech Only
2. $10,005 – Specific Learning Disability, Cognitive Disabilities
3. $15,622 – Hearing Impaired
4. $18,841 – Visual Impairment
5. $23,390 – Multiple Disabilities, Orthopedic Impairment
6. $27,000 – Autism, Traumatic Brain Injury, Vision and Hearing Impaired
1. Complete an Evaluation Team Report (ETR) with your public school.
2. Complete an Individual Education Plan (IEP) with your public school.
3. Contact Langsford for a JPSN Application
4. Your public school district will review your child’s record for eligibility.
5. The Ohio Dept of Education will award scholarships based on availability.
6. Final Step: Family “accepts” or “declines” the scholarship.
1. April 15 – Full year category funding (July 1st to June 30th)
2. November 15 – Half year category funding (January 1st to June 30th)
Ohio John Peterson Special Needs Scholarship Program Approved Provider
Cincinnati’s Langsford Learning Acceleration Centers are approved JPSN Providers. If your child is already enrolled in the JPSN program and his/her IEP includes goals related to reading, spelling, language comprehension, handwriting, writing, and/or mathematics, we can help.
If your child is not enrolled in the JPSN scholarship program and you would like more information about this program, Contact Us and we’d be happy to assist you.
The Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship web page on the ODE web site contains the additional information about this scholarship program.